Here are eight indications that you should consider a career and lifestyle change, by pursuing the ideas you've been thinking about. We've also shared some of the problems that might be stopping you from getting started, and how our Ideas You Can Execute programme can help.
- You’ve had ideas and ambitions to start a business for a long time, but never got beyond the ‘ideas phase’.
- You feel undervalued in your current job because your paycheck and position doesn’t match your capabilities or passion.
- You thought you wanted a highly regarded job title or career position, and now you’ve realized it’s not what you really want. You'd rather do work that fulfills you and makes a bigger impact.
- You have good friends, but few who really get you, or who get as excited about new ideas and opportunities as you do.
- You’re analytical and creative, which has also made it hard to decide what you want to do because it’s hard to find a job that satisfies both.
- You love to learn, experience new things, and to solve problems.
- You’ve never had the opportunity to learn how to start a business, you don’t have a network of people who can help you, and maybe you don’t yet have the confidence to find one.
- You want to make an impact on the world, but you're not sure how to get started, or what specifically you want to work on.
And here are some of the problems that are likely stopping you from getting started:
- You're part of a system that creates workers, not entrepreneurs. Currently, you are geared to be a worker, rather than a self-employed entrepreneur. This can change.
- You've never been taught how to understand what you're really good at, what you're truly passionate about, and how to go after it. Otherwise, you probably wouldn't be working in the job you're in now.
- You've never been taught the process of creating something from nothing, going from zero to one, a new idea to a product that you can sell. This is the process you'll have to learn to start your own business.
- You don't yet have the networks to learn by osmosis. You're the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. Do you spend most of your time with 5 people who are starting and growing their own businesses?
Have we hit the nail on the head?
Consider doing our Ideas You Can Execute Programme (shameless plug)
Because we made this programme for you.
It’s an 8-week development programme designed to give you the skills, confidence, and connections to develop an idea through to a business that’s launched into the world.