Our Market Validation Workshop is an intensive 2-day workshop which equips entrepreneurs with the knowledge and confidence to be able to create a product or service their customers want and will pay for.
Why should you do this workshop?
Market Validation is hard. It involves getting real feedback on your business idea from your ideal customers.
Often this takes aspiring entrepreneurs right out of their comfort zones. "What if they don't like my idea?" It puts us in the firing line for rejection, something humans often avoid at all costs.
However, validating your product idea with your target customers is absolutely critical if you want to build a successful business.
Often when you think up a business idea, it's based on your assumptions. You need to validate whether your idea is something your customers will want. Are you solving enough of a problem?
Our Market Validation Workshop is run over two Saturdays, allowing you to learn all about Market Validation, put it into practice, then analyse the learnings and make a plan to move forward.
1. Startup Fundamentals
- Your vision
- Your mission
- Your philosophy
2. What Is Market Validation and why is it Important?
- Understanding the intricacies of Market Validation
3. Core Variables
- Understanding the problem you're trying to solve
- Understanding your customer (niche, personas, lifecycle) and what they care about most
- Your solution
4. The Process of Market Validation
- Current behaviour
- Talking to users
- Online validation (clicks & signups)
- Pre-selling (getting people to pay for your product before you've created it)
5. Deep Dive
- How to do Customer Interviews
Week In Between
During the first session of our Market Validation Workshop, you would have completed the following (among other things):
- Understood why Market Validation is so important, and how to complete it yourself
- Built your own Market Validation Template and customer scripts
- Started building Social Media posts to conduct market validation online
The week in between Day's 1 & 2 will be your time for putting your learnings into practice. You'll begin validating your product idea with your target audience, with our support and guidance.
This workshop will take attendees through analysing their data and processing the learnings.
You'll leave with (at least) the following:
- Your company vision, mission, and philosophy refined
- A thorough understanding of Market Validation and why it's so critical
- An understanding of your target customers and the problem you're trying to solve for them
- Market Validation data from your target customers
- Customer script templates and resources
- Social media and other online validation tool templates and resources
- A plan to move forward
And the most important outcome of this entire workshop will be clarity around your product. You'll have a far greater understanding of whether your product or service idea is something you'll be able to make a business from, or if you need to adjust your solution or pivot entirely.
You'll get the most value from this workshop if you're an early-stage founder who has kicked off a company or movement.
This workshop will greatly benefit founders who want to improve on at least one of the following:
- You want to make sure the problem you're solving for your customers is important enough to make a sustainable business from.
- You're not sure what questions to ask customers to help ensure you're building the right product for them, and you'd like feedback from experienced people.
- If you think you have more than one customer, you want to understand what matters to each one or understand which customer to focus your efforts on first.
- You want to be clearer on your company's next steps.
- You want experienced people to look over your work.
- You want to further develop your in-person, online, and social media validation techniques, and access a bunch of good resources.
- You want to meet other founders on the same path as you.